SHORT STORY

Last summer I had an experience I'll never forget. One boring night, while I was watching a stupid program called "Who is the worst?", a friend of mine called and said to go to the forest and run a little bit in order to stretch before the 100 meters Barcelona Race which was taking place the next week. I accepted.

When we were reaching the forest, Joseph, my friend, who is quite older than me, radically stopped. He said he had heard a strange noise coming from the depths of the forest. He was scared to death. I tried to revive him, and hopefully he finally accepted to keep running. After twenty ten minutes, in the most pitch black zone of the forest, I started to hear a weird noise. I was petrified but I tried not to listen to it. It was a voice from a man. He was saying "Don't make another steep or you both are dead". I couldn't stand listening this and I stopped. Joseph, who was running in front of me didn't see me, and continue running. I tried to call him but he was listening to music as always. He didn't stop, so I started running again without resting to catch him. I don't know how or when but I lost sight of him. I decided to return home and hope he came back home. I was very scared, hungry and completely filthy because I steeped in a paddle of mud, so I started running to get home as earlier as I could, but suddenly I saw a man in the distance. Probably the same man who was whispering before. He was coming towards me. I turned round, but the same man was now there! I didn't know what to do. I close my eyes trying to think what to do.

After a while I opened the eyes. The man had disappeared. In his place was Joseph waiting for me. He asked me what happened to me that 20 minutes I had been stayed lied on the floor. I watched very carefully Joseph, and I could see something in his face, he was happier than ever. Of course, today is Halloween! It must have been the Halloween's Joseph joke! I was utterly impressed. He use to do very good jokes, but this year's is the best, I thought.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment