A rough start

I couldn’t believe it when I heard the news. I was actually going to Rome for my birthday. It was March, so the air was cold and the slight breeze make me shiver as I step outside of the airport. Mum urged me to put on my coat so I wouldn’t get a cold and hurry because it was getting late. As we stood on the pavement waiting for a taxi I began to worry. You would expect to find many, but there wasn’t a taxi in sight!

After a while a car pulled up, and a short, plump, man stepped outside. Turning towards us he asked “Taxi?” Perplexed I exchanged glances with my mum for as the car that he had come in wasn’t any different than a regular car. He explained that due to manifestations going on at the moment this was the only taxi service available. Suspicious, we stepped inside anyways, since there wasn’t any another way to get to our hotel. I nervously kept looking down at my watch waiting to arrive, but time just kept going bye, we had been in the car for 30 minutes now and the hotel was only a 5 minute drive. To nervous to engage in conversation I started to drift off wondering where we were really going. Where we actually going to the Hotel?

Mum couldn’t handle the suspense anymore and she told the drive to stop so that we could get off. He refused, reassuring us that there was no need, he new the way. She insisted again to just please let us off, her voice all shaky. Just as I was about to call for help, around the corner I could see the shinning lights of the hotel. What a relief. After all we had arrived safe and sound. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment