Telma Laborda

Reading 8/8


1.    c
2.    d
3.    b
4.    a
5.    b
6.    d
7.    c
8.    a


Writing

A local newspaper wants to publish stories by teenage carers. Imagine you are a teenage carer. Write to the editor with your story. Tell him or her about what you live is like and how you feel about the situation.



It was a year ago when my mother had a horrible accident. Since then she has always stayed in a wheelchair, so I have to take care of her.

As I am a teenager, I go to school during the day. But when I am at home it is also me who looks after the family, my mother. I do all the housework because she can't move. Moreover, she needs my attention to do many much ordinary stuff, such as dressing up or taking the lift.

I usually feel so unhappy and unfortunate because of the way we live. If only this situation never happened. Sometimes I think I can't be like any teenager and have the same worries they usually have. But then I regret of thinking about it, because my mother feels so bad about me and herself. She would never ask me to do any favour, she encourages me to go out more and tries to cheer me up.

Sometimes I wish this was a dream. But I think it could have been much worse, and I totally appreciate my mother, her constant smile and her hope.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment